Steel grain silo  (also called steel grain bins) is the efficient and economical facilities to handle your grains, which offer protection from outside insects and other affects as well as provide handling management conveniently. Shelley Engineering is the professional steel silo designer and manufacturer dedicated in supplying turn key grain storage and handling solutions to worldwide customers.

Steel Grain Silo Operation Guidelines 

  1. Strictly prohibit loading and discharging materials in a leaning sideways. Correct Operating steps:  A: Discharging the materials from the center discharge hole first until no grain can flow out of the hole. B: Open the two side ward discharging holes concurrently with a charging speed ≤100 T/H capacity.
  1. Requirement for new grain silo loading: Initially loading 60% volume and then the remaining 40% after two months.
  2. Opening the grain silo door when the grain is above door’s height is strictly prohibited. This would result in the material exploding out and the silo collapsing which can cause injury or death.
  3. Strictly prohibit workers from staying in the steel grain silo when loading, discharging or breaking the grain block.
  4. Close the gate, manhole and vents after maintenance, to protect its contents from the weather and avoid spillage.
  5. Ensure that trained professional worker to have the steel grain silo and silo accessories maintained periodically according to the instruction.
  6. If the zinc or painted parts are rusted, please take measures timely.
  7. Ventilate and invert running (putting the grain in silo out and passing the inverting running conveyors and back to the steel grain silo again) timely when the grain temperature or if the moisture is high.
  8. Strictly prohibit starting the machine when someone was maintaining it.
  9. Keep off the steel grain silo during bad weather to prevent lightning injury.
  10. Connect the column with the lightning net on the embedded part to prevent the steel grain silo body from lighting danger.
grain silo operation guidelines
grain silo operation guidelines
steel grain bin operation guidelines of tse silo
steel grain silo operation guidelines of TSE silo